Wednesday, September 03, 2008

The Purpose of Children

"Why children are made," Addie proclaimed, "is so they can do work that grown-ups don't want to do."

I hate to tell her that she's not the first child to make this shocking discovery.

-- SJ

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

Ah but Addie dear, without children there wouldn't be that work to do in the first place.

Anonymous said...

And also to support us in our dotage.

the Joneses said...

Rachelle -- Yes, that goes along with the definition of Husband: "The man who stands beside you in difficulties you wouldn't have if you hadn't married him in the first place."

Kristen -- That hasn't occurred to her yet, but rest assured, it will.

-- SJ

D said...

Once I lived with a family with 6 children.... on chore day one of the children was complaining about the work he had to do. I said to him in a joking tone "what do you think your parents had kids for?" He did NOT like that. I don't think I got in trouble but I did have to calm him down.