My sharp-eyed mother-in-law caught this authentic moment that shows the
real story of my and Darren's marriage. Note Darren hanging his head sheepishly as Sara confesses his sins to him.

Actually, we were discussing plans and Darren was listening to my suggestions. But that's not as funny.
8 comments:
What a fun shot! What plans did you make?
You're doing a great job with him: observe the respectful and humble posture as he accepts your correction.
Kelly - I don't actually remember which plans we were discussing. Our Christmas week was crammed full of them. One of the best being that Darren and I left the kids with the grandparents and screeched away from the house for an overnight by ourselves. We had a marvelous time, the grandparents enjoyed the kids and each other, and the kids hardly even said hello when we got home. So those plans were a success. :)
Kristen - It's taken YEARS of training for Darren to learn the right response to correction. He used to sometimes backtalk, even!
-- SJ
Hey! Is that a beard I spot on Darren??
Is this a planned development leading to greater things, or just a bit of experimentation?
The beard is a holiday endeavor, as a result of a rash statement made to my son. It comes off in a week.
I like the beard (I actually grew one when Sara and I were courting), but the office likes its lawyers looking a little less fuzzy :)
You're right... this is more entertaining. :-)
"Note Darren hanging his head sheepishly as Sara confesses his sins to him."
Wouldn't that be You confessing Your sins to him?
Great pic- great story!
Aunt Pam - No, that's what I meant to say. It's a phrase someone used once to describe a critical person, and it's quite apt. There's always someone in the world willing to point out all the ways that YOU aren't performing up to par.
-- SJ
Post a Comment