Friday, August 29, 2008

Migraine Musings

  • I get migraine headaches if I don't get enough sleep. When I remember to eat a banana the morning after a bad night, though, I usually escape the headache.

  • I forgot to eat a banana today.

  • As recorded elsewhere, I don't think well during and after a headache. I called Darren on his way home from work to tell him that supper wasn't going to be made. He volunteered to bring something home. "Thanks," I said. "In my current state of mind, I'm likely to serve something like fried cucumbers."

  • You laugh? Well. Darren briefly left his newspaper on the porch this afternoon. I wanted to keep it from blowing away. My addled mind completely overlooked the fact that our flowerbed is filled with little rocks, a handful of which would do the trick. Instead, I found myself thinking, "If I spray water on the paper, it won't blow away..." (No, Sarah M, I didn't.)

  • The reason I didn't get enough sleep was because Darren and I stayed up too late talking. I'd do it all over again, too.

  • Except that next time I'll eat a banana.

    -- SJ

4 comments:

Sarah M. said...

Please tell me you didn't! You brought it inside instead, right? HA HA... Oh Sara... I'm sorry. Stock up on those bananas!

Rachelle said...

Hmmm...Potassium deficiency maybe? I have only had a few migraines in my life but lately I've had some killer headaches. I'm going to try a banana.

Heather said...

Yes, I have definitely dealt with the too little sleep due to to staying up chatting--in fact last night was one of those nights.

Angel said...

Sara-

Don't feel bad. Yesterday I put my cell phone in the refrigerator and then wondered why I was walking around carrying a carton of eggs. :-P And I didn't stay up late the night before, so I don't know what my excuse is.