I downloaded a playlist of my own songs onto Darren's MP3 player to listen to as I ride my bike. Two revelations:
1. It's nice to listen to my own favorite songs, even though I like most of Darren's taste (I refuse to endorse his throwback 80s liking for Petra, though.)
2. I like Waltz of the Wind, Unchained Melody, The Call. How can somebody so actively unsentimental create a personal mix of such soupiness?
-- SJ
Tuesday, August 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've been meaning to tell you about some music I think you might like for quite a while! This post reminded me. Mom and I have listened to them since I was really young, and I've always loved their unique music.
This group (band, or whatever they're called),whenever I listen to it, reminds me of you and my other aunts. Maybe because it is a family (two brothers and a sister) that are the group. Or because it's all violin and guitar with occasional singing (the lyrics and singing are beautiful) which reminds me of my aunts, too(the violin, especially).
It has a distinctly southern sound without sounding country (thank goodness!). It's slightly bluegrass, a little classical, and a lot of something I can't pinpoint, but love.
Their name is Nickel Creek and my favorite songs are from their old cd's (I haven't bought the new ones from iTunes yet) called Nickel
Creek and This Side.
My favorite songs are:
Ode To A Butterfly
The Lighthouse's Tale
Out Of The Woods
Reasons Why
When You Come Back Down
Sweet Afton
Pastures New
Smoothie Song
Hanging By A Thread
I Should Have Known Better
That was long list (sorry).
I do hope you like them!
Hey, Kate -- Your dad introduced me to Nickel Creek years ago. I own both the CDs you mentioned, although I didn't like the second one as much as the first. I'll have to listen to a few from "This Side" again and see what I think now.
I listened to the first one until it was pretty much unlistenable. So your recommendation may be late, but it was dead-on. :)
-- SJ
Post a Comment