Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Playing with Knives II

Well, today is the day for my surgery. Prayers would be appreciated. I’m not very worried about the surgery itself; I have a doctor I trust. It’s the recovery period I’m not looking forward to, which is mostly fear of the unknown – I don’t know how quickly I’ll be feeling back to normal, I don’t know what the pain level is, etc.

Lindsay will be coming down to help out Sara for a couple days (thanks so much, Lindsay!), and everyone at church and work has been telling us for weeks to call them if we need help.

At Kevin & Amy's suggestion, I made sure to have a nice stack of books beside my bed for convalescence. Jim Butcher's Harry Dresden series, the latest Malazan Book of the Fallen, a couple L.E. Modesit books - that's the light reading (not that Malazan is light and cheery). More substantive books - Recalling the Hope of Glory, Boys to Men, and The Sacraments in Scripture. We'll see if Jeremy was right in his guess of 20 books in 2 weeks. My guess is that that was indeed too conservative.

I'm also looking forward to having enough downtime to use this properly, instead of hurriedly before heading out to work each morning.

--DJ

6 comments:

ljm said...

We'll be praying for the procedure today and the recovery.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Darren! We prayed for you in prayer meeting this morning. Hope today goes well for you, as well as succeeding days.

~ Leah

Kelly Sauer said...

I don't think you have enough books...

Zana said...

Prayers going up for a successful procedure and recovery!

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for a rapid and pleasant recovery!

Amy K said...

Praying for a swift recovery!