Because Darren is recovering from neck surgery (had we mentioned that?), he has to sleep on his back. Which means he snores, which means that if I want any sleep at all (plus avoid temptation to smother him with my pillow), I have to sleep elsewhere. The first night, I moved Stuart out to the couch so I could have his bed. The next morning, Stuart assured me that he likes sleeping on the couch. "I sleep better on the couch. Because I'm closer to the computer."
**
Addie approached me, looking solemn and tragic. "Mama, I just realized! I'm growing too old for toys and books! I have to learn to work!"
**
Last night we put Daphne down to sleep. An hour later -- a quiet hour, during which I naively assumed that she'd gone to sleep easily -- Darren remarked, "There's something Mooing in Daphne's room." She evidently was looking at a book with a cow in it, and at the top of her voice was proclaiming, "MOOO! MOOO! Kitty moo? No! MOOO!"
-- SJ
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I like that you say you are enjoying the ordinary life. Cudos for just finding it let alone enjoying it. There are so many times when you need someone to share the pain with, but you hold back and know that if they are indeed enjoying this ordinary life, you must carry the pain alone to protect and ensure they have that hard to find elusive enjoyable ordinary life. A true gift from God. If you ever feel the urge to pray for you know not what, do it! It will be your gift to those in pain who cannot share in what you have found, and those that may have needed you and held back.
Anon: We're never called to hold back our pain and bear it all alone. We can't -- just the isolation would eat us up. Seek out your local clergy and talk about what you're going through. Don't believe that you have to deal with it on your own, and that others can't help you.
-- SJ
ha ha ha ha "Tell them their children are absolutely funny." I really enjoyed reading that. I love the quotes!
Awesome! I laughed out loud at ALL of these. How great--a funny quote from each of them.
Post a Comment