Friday, June 20, 2008

What a Busy Week

Well, we've had a busy week! The kids got to have a couple of fun playdates this week, which was nice. I took the opportunity to take long drives in traffic-congested areas, plus a scenic tour of office parks -- including going the wrong way down a one-way street -- until I finally found the magic hospital that disappears and reappears at random. I spent some time at the hospital, but it's not a very jolly place. So when I went back the next day (after more driving around, chanting the magic words to make it appear), I suggested that Darren come home and visit me instead, which he did.

We've enjoyed a visit from Darren's sister, Lindsay. It's so good to have company! The kids have enjoyed having her, too. They warmed right up to her as I threw them in her direction. It was nice and I took the opportunity to sneak back to bed and pass out for two hours.

Darren has been very busy walking around the house like a zombie. Zombies, evidently, have neck problems that don't let them turn their heads. He's been relaxing, too, watching lots of movies and taking drugs. Because of a sore throat, due to having a tube shoved down his windpipe at the hospital (it really wasn't a jolly place), he hasn't talked above a whisper for two days. When he does, he sounds like Cookie Monster.

Tonight we all went out for Rita's Italian Ice. For medicinal purposes, as it soothed Darren's throat. Lindsay liked it very much, which she expressed in her quiet and gentle way. The same quiet and gentle way that used to send sensitive baby Addie into screaming orbit.

It's now the weekend, and boy are we glad! Time to relax and hang around the house, doing nothing except saying to Darren, "What did you say? What?" and watching YouTubes. Oh, and throwing kids at Lindsay when I feel the need for a nap. Nothing like a little neck surgery to really trap the whole family inside the house with all the fun of sleep deprivation!

-- SJ

1 comment:

Rose said...

Oh, what fun. I only wish I could be there to join in the merriment.

Hope Darren's recovery goes well! Have a lovely visit with Lindsay!