Monday, June 16, 2008

Seeking Literary Direction?

My friend Danielle posted a link to Literature Map, which turns out to be lots of fun. You enter the name of an author, and the "map" shows you other authors of the same style. The closer in to the center, the closer the match.

I'm posting this link especially for Rose F, who wanted book recommendations and the only thing I could think of were the Kate McMullan retellings of Greek myths, found in the children's section of the library because I never make it to any other section.

-- SJ

P.S. McMullan's Myth-o-Mania books are pretty funny, if you have Greek geeks in your house.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Could you possibly email me the link to that (I will forget to come back and am out of state--in Virginia visitng a friend (near Washington DC). On a borrowed computer. I desperately want to try this out.

Anonymous said...

OK, this is totally cool. Amazon had a feature that allowed you to find authors of the same style. I can't find that feature anymore, however I haven't really tried to hard!! This link is a lot more fun and quick. I already have the name of several new authors to try!!

-Nina