
Addie and Stuart were too old for most of the kiddie rides, much to our surprise (we didn't think we'd ever NOT have little kids). They rode the Cliffhanger with Daddy:

A good time, and cotton candy, was had by all:


Darren and I also realized that if the Dragon Wagon had a long tail and was too slow, it could be called the Draggin' Waggin' Dragon Wagon. Ha! (Daphne was not amused.)
-- SJ
5 comments:
Darren, I am very much impressed that you can still "do" carnival rides; my last one was when I was about Sara's age, and found that I was way too old.
Loved the picture of a girl with her dragon.
If I had been Daphne, I doubt I would have been amused at the wordplay either...
A few years ago on PEI Jed called, "Nana, come on this ride with me." I jumped on and three minutes later while spinning around in the air I asked myself, "Um, tell me again why you thought we could do this??!!" Kept my eyes closed and kept assuring Jed "Yes!" when he asked, "Nana, isn't this FUN?"
Loved the pix & the fact that you give your kids these experiences, draggin' dragons, cotton candy and all.
Nana
Great family shot!
~ Leah
I understand Mam and Mrs. Bev!
I always loved the fair ride that swings you in a circle on these long chains. But last year I went on it and the resulting feeling wasn't anything like love.
I started feeling really bad and told Emma, "Help-gasp-help-stop-please-gasp-Emma!"
Emma had to keep saying, "It's okay Katie! It's okay! It's going to stop really soon! HEY!!! MISTER! STOP! STOP THE RIDE! MY SISTER IS SICK!"
He didn't hear her and Emma was so desperate that she started to get teary and just kept saying, "It's alright! It's okay, Katie!"
When the ride stopped I got immediately off, wobbled around,and flopped on the ground. I stayed there for a while with Emma sitting right beside me.
Needless to say, I will never ride that ride again. Even if Emma WOULD let me.
Aunt Sara: I used to love the dragon ride! I still ride it. And the picture of Uncle Darren and the kids is GREAT!
Post a Comment