Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Love, Sara

Dear anonymous blogger,

I completely stole your idea for this post.

Love, Sara.

***

Dear Dreams,

If you're going to give a motorcycle at night, can you provide one that goes faster than 15 mph? Also, can you find one that doesn't require me to pedal to get it started?

Love, Sara.

***

Dear House Fairies,

You're doing a fantastic job with the house this week. The school desk, the hutch, and the playroom are amazing. Why do you keep my house clean only when my mother or mother-in-law is visiting, but never when it's just me? I don't understand.

Love, Sara.

***

Dear Christmas Card Senders,

We've run out of room to put up Christmas cards. We got seven yesterday and I don't have anywhere to hang them. That makes me very happy. Thank you.

Love, Sara.

***

Dear Dreams,

If you're going to create a scenerio in which one of my best friends makes a dish called "Deja Vu Stew," which features snake meat, could you at least make her NOT LIKE the snake meat?

Love, Sara.

***

Dear Puddles,

When you jump into my bed in the morning and settle down on my tummy and purr, it makes me want to feed you extra food. Good kitty.

Love, Sara.

***

Dear Addie,

Good job, introducing your grandma to the handyman! Note: it is not necessary to add details such as, "She doesn't have a man with her because she's a widow."

Love, Mama.

***

Dear Shadowy Personally-Unknown Homeschool-Hating Public School Officials:

My six-year-old admitted to breaking something of mine by saying, "Mea culpa," translating it for me as "my fault," which he got from a book. Which I think is not so bad for a six-year-old even if he does take only an hour to do his entire school every day, which we're not even doing this week. So there.

Sincerely, Sara.

***

Dear Stuart,

When you step on my display of honeymoon souvenirs and almost break it, the best thing to do is look very penitent and say something like, "Mea culpa," because then it's hard for me to be mad.

Love, Mama.

***

Dear y'all,

Christmas is coming! Yay!

-- SJ

11 comments:

Kelly Sauer said...

Very fun post!

Angel said...

I love Christmas cards too! Mail is one of my most favorite things around the holidays. :) Last year I came up with a really pretty way of displaying all those cards: I bought some 2" wide, Christmasy ribbon, cut strips in varying lengths, then stapled the cards to the ribbon. Then I prettied up the ends of the ribbons and hung them from the tops of my windows. It looked quite festive and it saved me from displaying cards on every surface in the house... of which there aren't many. :)

Anonymous said...

Dear SJ,

Ha ha! I love it!

Love, Anonymous Blogger

Heather said...

Too funny! -read most of it aloud to Shamus.

Linds said...

Dear Sara,
I think you're taking Christmas cards out of my mailbox and putting them in yours! I have gotten so very few, and the first two weren't even for me!!
See you TOMORROW,
Me

Rachelle said...

I wonder who Addie will introduce her aunt too?

Sarah M. said...

That's hilarious. Here's one from me:

Dear Dreams,

If you're going to offer me a round trip airplane ticket to Chicago for $69 and throw in two layovers in Australia and Peru en-route... could you give me a little more time to think about it before I turn it down?

Love,

Sarah

Susan Elizabeth said...

Neat post...I have crazy dreams all the time and sometimes I post them on my blog...if they're not too crazy!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Dana said...

That stew sounds ominous, with or without snake meat. There was no snake meat in the sushi, I promise. I have never even eaten snake meat (does eel count? but i didn't like it). I'll post my beautiful (and normal) Christmas dinner menu soon.

Merry Christmas!

Zana said...

Yay for Christmas cards!! Hurrah!

(BTW - you've been tagged on my blog.... ::wicked grin::)

D said...

I greatly enjoyed reading this post! Your kids are very bright... and you can tell everyone that your friend Deidre thinks you kids are very bright. ;-) Addie is so funny! That comment to the plumber may have me laughing all day!!
Oh, by the way, I think you need to change your pic on your blog... to the latest family Christmas photo... because Daph is so cute in it!