Monday, November 22, 2010

Eight Years of Stuart

2002
Arrival by c-section, looking very small, red, and serious. It was a misleading first impression.

2003
"Ba!" By which he meant "bottle," "ball," "birds," and "bear."

2004
Favorite color: Blue
"Stuart, what color is this?"
"Boo."
"No, it's red. What color is this?"
"Boo."
"No, this is yellow. What color is this?"
"Boo."
"Yes! Very good!"

2005
He'd had a very long day yesterday and was up bright and early this morning. He threw a fit when Daddy couldn't understand that "chocowon" meant "chocolate one" which meant "chocolate graham cracker. Please."

2006
"Mama, I love you, especially Daddy."

2007
"I'm an Indian Cyclops!" So much for historical accuracy. He turned to Addie. "Hey, let's go hunt some buffalo. I want some new clothes."

2008
Stuart has developed a taste for trash-talking. Fortunately he doesn't have access to any real insults, so he makes them up. He and Daphne play the Trash Talk Echo Game: "You cuckoo bird!" "You cook bird." "You lamp smasher!" "You lamp mash." "You magnet cranker!" "You magmumble ker!" Yesterday he was calling her "You Monopoly butt!" but he got in trouble for that.

2009
"Where do Biblical eggs get together? At the syn-eggnog."

2010
Stuart, when I teasingly offered him a piece of mushroom-olive pizza: "No thanks. I really don't care for plants on my pizza."

He makes us laugh, dazzles us with his mental agility, and whatsoever he does, he does with all his heart. Happy birthday to Stuart!

5 comments:

mary said...

He dazzles grandmothers, too. Happy Birthday, laughing boy. Love, Mam

bafferly said...

He dazzles and pleasures his Nana too. I love the way he enjoys people & life. He's our Sanguine Boy. <3

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Stuart! What fun it's been to watch you grow over the years. =)

~ Miss Leah

Rachelle said...

Happy Birthday Stuart!
We fully intended to send you a card and/or call but your birthday proved to be a very adventurous day in the NW. Hope it was wonderful!

Nelida Renee said...

awwww! This was very sweet and charming. He's going to appreciate this one day!