Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Not Available at Your Nearest Bookstore

A Very Short Cookbook:
My Favorite Pea and Broccoli Recipes, by Darren

**
An Unsuccessful Self-Help Book:
The Art of Conventional Conversation, by Addie (who today told an optometrist that "I love books the way I love killing mayflies!")

***
Obscure Psychological Thriller:
Into the Twisted Mind of Number 9, by Sara

***
Short-Lived Adventure Hero:
Captain Oblivion ("What bomb?"), by Stuart

***
A Failed Romance Novel:
The Drool of the Nile, by Phillip

***
An Uninspiring Memoir:
My Life as a Courtroom Judge, by Daphne (excerpt below)

Lawyer: "Your Honor, it is obvious that my client is mentally ill and was framed for this crime and is innocent."

The Court:
"Why?"

Lawyer: "Uh... I... what do you mean, why, Your Honor?"

The Court: I... said... WHY!"

Lawyer: "Um, yes, I'm sorry, Your Honor.... um, so that my client..."

The Court: "NO! Not 'so that'! You have to say BECAUSE when I say WHY!"

***
Just a little reminder that the world could be a little worse off than it is.

-- SJ

7 comments:

Queen of Carrots said...

ROFL!

mary said...

La and I are reading and laughing together. This is a great one!

Linds said...

I did a literal LOL :)

Kelly Sauer said...

Oh, I just love your sense of humor! All of you are so fun!

Anonymous said...

Nana will buy the books as soon as they are available!! Love this family.

Anonymous said...

Nana will buy these books as soon as they're available. Love this family!

drewey fern said...

Sarah! I would just like to say at this point that I LOVE your writing. And this was especially brilliant:)