Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pretty Special Day

So I need to come up with a post for today.

It's Darren's birthday, which I suppose is pretty special. His parents think so, anyway. They're always going on about how he's such a good son and all, the way he calls them every Sunday and is always, never fails, available when they need help or advice. So, yeah, they think today's pretty special.

Well, okay, his kids think so, too. They're all crazy about him anyway, the way he plays with them and treats them with respect and answers their questions and rarely raises his voice at them. Pretty much they can't get enough of him. So a birthday of his is a big deal to them.

Actually, he's got a brother and a sister and lots of friends who've got this idea that he's pretty cool. They say he's easy to talk to and a good conversationalist and good at keeping in touch. They think today's all special because of him, too.

I guess I should just come out and say that I think today's pretty sparkly special, too. Thirty-six years ago was the beginning of a fairy-tale story -- the one that ends with me being happily ever after married to a man who fills my life with love and laughter (and the occasional opportunity to build character).

Yeah, today's a special day. I admit it. Happy birthday to Darren! Lots of people love you, but I love you best!

-- SJ

2 comments:

Susannah said...

Happy Birthday, Darren! :)

Anonymous said...

That's right, Darren! Happy birthday!
Catherine and Ron in Atlanta