Even if Conversion Diary isn't doing seven quick takes today, I thought I would.
1. For I think the first time in my life, I agree passionately with a stand that the National Organization for Women has taken. Except I’d go farther. Dave should be fired. Think about it. If a boss exhibited this type of behavior in any workplace that I have worked, he would be out so fast there would be skidmarks.
2. Now here is an interesting twist. Usually when I read stories about a noncustodial parent taking kids and fleeing to a foreign country, which then enforces its laws to deny access to the other spouse, it's the father who did the taking and fleeing. However, in this case, apparently Japan has a reputation for only allowing the mother to have custody, and even refusing to let the foreign ex-husbands visit the children.
3. Go Red Sox!
4. Good move, Miley. Maybe you can set a good example for millions of people who should do the same thing.
5. Question: “Will sequel equal original 'Phantom of the Opera' for Andrew Lloyd Webber?” Hmmm. Coney Island instead of Paris? Opening a year late? Answer: Nope. Not a chance.
6. I have been reading a book entitled The Deacon Reader recently. It's an excellent book, tracing the renewal of the Catholic diaconate after Vatican II. However, I picked it up to read last night before bed, and ran across this sentence: “In any virtue ethic, a person's character is formed by aligning one's actions with the moral truth so as to reflect one's inherent human dignity.” Which, as I told Sara, I agree with -- but it's a little too much to take at 10 o'clock at night. So I went and watched a movie instead.
7. This is a very odd story. Reminds me of the Helen MacInnes books I used to love reading in high school. Oh, who am I kidding? I still love to read them. The Cold War just made for better spy stories.
--DJ
Friday, October 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment