Ha, pun not intended, seeing as there never was a bullseye rash that we ever saw. Nevertheless, Addie's initial lab reports came back "strongly positive" for Lyme disease, hence the Bell's Palsy that's still part of Addie's life.
Fortunately the doctors put her on amoxicillin immediately, so another twelve days of that should take care of the Lyme. We just have to wait for the palsy to disappear on its own.
We got as far as saying, "The doctor called and said you do have Lyme disease," before Addie burst into tears, wailing about solitary confinement, presumably to keep from setting off an epidemic that would destroy all human life on our planet. We settled back with our books and said, "When you're done mourning, we'll finish what we have to say." Eventually, she allowed herself to be comforted by the news that the antibiotic would fight off the disease, and also that she wasn't contagious. But when Stuart added that the disease was inside her body, she threw herself on the couch and wailed again.
Rejoice with Addie, for not only is she sick, but she's got a DISEASE inside her body!
And rejoice with us that we've got a cause and that the solution seems very straightforward.
-- SJ
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
She is SO funny and adorable! I hope this whole thing ends up a wonderful chance to enjoy ill health and nothing more. Lyme Disease is scary and I'm so glad she was on an antibiotic nice and early.
Poor Addie.
I hope she'll be well soon. Maybe she can write a funny memoir about her childhood lyme experience.
I'm glad she's taking it so well! :)
Lyme disease is a scary thing to me. But I think Addie will look back at this for years and soak up the drama of it and write stories of the tragedy of it. So perhaps it isn't sooo bad. :)
Oy, I hope the one course of antibiotics will get it! Loving the drama...
Glad that you have answers! Hope Addy feels better soon.
Post a Comment