Darren and I got some time alone today. Free from constant interruptions, Darren asked me kind of a deep question. It was:
"Do you remember your first crush?"
Oh, wait. What he asked was, "Do you remember which movie star was your first crush?" Which was more suited to Dairy Queen Blizzards anyway.
My first celebrity love wasn't even a person. He was a fox. Robin Hood was handsome, dashing, romantic, funny... ahh. Everything a girl wanted in a hero. I loved Robin Hood.
(Not Errol Flynn. Certainly not Kevin Costner.)
Darren's first crush was Elizabeth Shue from Karate Kid. He was in good company: I recall that my older sister had posters of Ralph Macchio on her wall.
So, assuming you were eating Dairy Queen Blizzards with us, what would you answer? Who was your first celebrity crush?
-- SJ
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
I remember having a crush on "King Arthur" (Richard Harris) and just could not understand what Guinevere saw in Lancelot. :)
My first movie crush was Kirk Cameron, until my mom found the poster in my backpack and made me throw it away. Movie crushes were not approved of in our house. :)
My husband Ron's comment: "I liked Olivia Newton John, pre-Grease. I didn't see Grease until college (late 80's), but loved the Friday Night Videos, if any of you Children of the 80's remember staying up late in the days prior to MTV...
YES, Robin Hood the Fox! Also Little John the Bear! ...Now I am starting to feel a little weird admitting this.
My FIRST movie star crush, though, was probably Michael J. Fox in Back to the Future.
Ummm...I'm not sure which one was first. Robin Hood was up there along with the youngest kid from the Voltron series - I used to daydream about him. Also Johnny Depp in 21 Jump Street, Errol Flynn in Robin Hood - I could go on (and on and on and on), but suffice it to say that at any one time even before I was 10 (the double digits - woohoo!), I usually had at least 10 movie/tv character/actor crushes at a time - not all of which were the good guy. Sad, but Sara, I doubt you are surprised since this is me. :)
This is probably not the first, and my memory of such things is muddled from years of repression :) but I distinctly remember Antonio Banderas being a crush at some point, and a visiting SJ and I both being teased by my mother about it. The Mask of Zorro seems awfully late in life though; did we see him in something earlier? Didn't I watch any movies in the 80s? Huh.
I don't remember really having too many movie/tv crushes, but I would probably have to say Melissa Gilbert from Little House.
My wife agrees with Johnny Depp from 21 Jump Street.
Susannah -- Good heavens, you don't waste time with the peons, do you?
Oh, Kirk Cameron! How did I forget him? And Michael J. Fox, too! Probably the first live-action celebrity I loved was Luke Skywalker.
But see, I was more restrained in my choices (Liana!). Mostly because my older sister was all into movie stars. And since I defined myself by being Not Lauren, I DIDN'T have lots of crushes. (I've since found better ways to define myself, Lauren.)
Dana, your crushes were usually of the book type, not the movie type. Yes, there was the summer we fell in love with Antonio Banderas, and yes, it was late in life, but that's because we were a bit slow catching up on things like that. :)
-- SJ
Shaun Cassidy. What was I thinking?
I too, first had a crush on Zorro. How funny to be reminded of that. Not Antonio Banderas per se. I was first introduced to the character from the TV series I watched when visiting my grandma. I was intrigued by the masked man, ha ha!
Charlton Heston, in Ben Hur. Be still, o my 12-year-old heart!
Scott Baio (when he was Chachi on Happy Days). And then Boris Becker, the German tennis star. I have a frog named Boris as a reminder.
Hate to admit it, but definitely Princess Leia from the original Star Wars movie. (Not so much the later movies.) Just something about the side-head buns, I guess....
Being honest, I think I have to go along with you. Hands down, Robin Hood, the fox.
Come on, jmaestro (and you know who you are), you dug the bikini too....
Mr. Darcy when I was three. Actually, I still have a crush on him. I always thought he looked like Daddy, and, as almost every little girl knows, Daddy is perfect. Unfortunately, Daddy is usually already married and so little girls have to settle for the next best thing: someone who looks or acts like Daddy. (Claire thinks Daddy looks like Mr. Darcy too. Mam doesn't agree though.)
Post a Comment