Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Kid Quotes

Daphne

She found two toys she hadn't seen in a while. Charmed, she announced, "I found a bunny and a duck!"

"Oh, good. Are they friends?"

"No. They are not friends. They are animals."

(With friends like these, who needs animals?)

***

Stuart

Darren is helping build up church enthusiasm. He asked on Sunday, "What was your favorite song we sang in church, Stuart?"

Pause. "Shout to the Lord."

"Oh, yes, that's a favorite of mine, too."

"Yeah, I like it because part of it sounds like the music on Snowy Treasure Hunter 3."

***

Addie

My niece, Courtney, and her boyfriend, Ryan, came up last weekend to visit. Courtney tried to write down the notable things that Addie said, but just lost track. She did record the following comment, which Addie brought forth one morning while she and Courtney were cutting out paper dolls:

"It seems strange, in these quiet hours, to hear the snip snip and rattle rattle of paper as a doll comes to form."

-- SJ

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Addie just cracks me up every time!

Kelly Sauer said...

I missed this post - I love your kids. I love what they say. I want mine to be like them when she grows up. Thank you so much for letting us into their world!

D said...

Daph, you are so practical.
Leave it to Stuart to come up with a relation between a hymn and a song in a computer game.
That was a very good Addie quote. I think I'll be laughing for weeks about that one!