Sunday, January 04, 2009

Mundania 19

  • Yesterday we said goodbye to my mom and dropped her off at the airport. Two hours later, we said hello to my mom when we picked her back up from the airport. Delta cancelled the flight because of bad weather in Atlanta. (We'd have had air travel long before it actually came about, if Sherman hadn't burned Atlanta during the Civil War. That held up air travel for decades.) She's back with us -- sans luggage -- until Tuesday. The kids think it's practically a special Heavenly blessing, that cancelled flight.

  • I have a cold.

  • Addie went to cuddle with Mam in her bed. "I just want to bring a glimmer of joy to your life," she said.

  • Tomorrow is our official Undecorating Party, when we take down the tree and get the living room back to normal. I'm looking forward to it. Not that I've been physically restraining myself from tackling the tree and dragging it bodily away, leaving a path of ornaments and traumatized children in my wake.

  • Stuart's been sleeping on the bottom bunk in the girls' room for the past two weeks. Addie and Stuart even informed me that it was no longer "the girls' room," but was "the kids' room." Stuart's (former) room had reverted to "the spare room." After one night when A&S slept in the SAME bunk and woke up grumpy, and then last night when they wouldn't settle down so woke up grumpy, we've decided it's time to return to normal. Stuart is unhappy, because in the two weeks out of the six years of his life that he slept in the other room, he "got used" to it and can't sleep in his own room.

  • We enjoyed a whirlwind visit from Mike and Rachelle this evening. Mike, Stuart's godfather, wisely used this brief opportunity to nuture Stuart's heart and growth by wrestling violently with him for most of the visit. Stuart's still glowing.

  • Daphne insists she can see the baby in my tummy. She says it's in my belly button.

  • Darren said something funny at lunch today. I can't remember what it was. I asked Darren. He can't remember, either. It's been a very busy holiday. 'Bout time for real life again.

4 comments:

D said...

LOL your kids crack me up!!! I enjoyed reading this post. Sorry you aren't feeling well. Get well soon!!

Anonymous said...

"Just want to bring a glimmer of joy"---AHA HA HA HA HA!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was just telling Josh that I was excited for "normal" life again.

Good thing we didn't plan on a visit! It would have been cut short! :)

Heather said...

So glad we are not the only ones with the BED issue. We have 5 beds upstairs and one in the living room--right now Issac is on a living room kick and the girls are actually sleeping in their own beds. God figure.