In keeping with the traditions of the Games, we are officially announcing that... We're not going to get to the judging this week.
As you recall, last year the awards were delayed because Daphne was in the hospital with RSV. This year, the delay is because California is wreaking havoc with homeschooling freedoms. Darren would be shut up in the office with the rest of the litigation department, frantically preparing a brief... except that this week, of all weeks, he's on jury duty.
It might even be after Easter before we can settle down and do a proper judging. My cursory skim-overs assure me that the entries are great, and we want to be able to devote all our attention to them.
In not-very-related news, I did finish The Ria Story. Once I get time to catch my breath (see above), I've got a lot of blogging to catch up on.
-- SJ
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Does this mean I'm not too late? I'll submit my entry anyways.
Those of us Californian homeschoolers (and friends) owe our very lives to Darren and the rest of the team. Somehow I feel like we're pinned down in a bunker behind enemy lines waiting desperately for help. Send in the cavalry!!! Send in the air support!! ;-)
Darren (and the rest of the HSLDA team) will be in our prayers as they prepare for the battle in California!
And congrats on finishing the story - always a good thing! (Now if I could just convince hubby to finish HIS book.... sigh)
ok you're going to have to explain this to me. i'm kinda scared but i think i want to enter, what ever it is. :-0
sorry about your poor hubby. hope it all slows down soon and hopefully works in our favor.
In my busiest week of the whole year (with three briefs due and two court hearings), I got called for jury duty. Luckily, I sat in the waiting room all day and worked on my briefs without being assigned to a case. But it just figures, doesn't it? ;)
Good luck to Darren and all the others working to overturn that embarrassing appellate decision. If it's any comfort, most of the state is outraged over that and in CA we have this nifty little way of dealing with renegade court decisions . . . it's called the initiative process. :)
Perhaps you could post the entries and have your readers vote?
Post a Comment