Usually I write at least one angsty Lent post, and have an idea of what I'm going to post on Easter. This year I've been distracted. I was too distracted to worry about whether I was doing Lent "right." I was too distracted to think of an Easter outfit until the morning of. I was even too distracted to complain about the time change this year, and that pretty much sums up the whole question.
Despite my scattered thinking -- I've spent the last few weeks mostly thinking, "What can I cook that Addie will eat?" and "No, Daphne, you can't have this!" -- Easter arrived as gloriously as it always does. There are a lot of questions I have for God, a lot of things that don't actually fit into the tidy system I once followed. But what never fails is God's mercy and healing for me, and the comfort that He is stronger than evil.
(This is more disjointed that I'd like because Stuart is sitting behind me urging me to finish so he can play the computer; and Daphne is using the mouse as a telephone, and that failing, trying to get in my lap.)
Other events of the day included getting to celebrate with my mother, who is visiting. New bikes for A&S, which Addie rode with overconfidence and ended up with a skinned chin, hurt mouth, and scraped knee. Sharing my white-chocolate-malted cheesecake with Dana and Nina. Oh, and of course the fact that we can say "Alleluia" again, so the kids sang it all the way to church.
Yesterday was also two important anniversaries. My mother- and father-in-law celebrated 36 years of happy marriage. And my friend Debra and I celebrated... well, would have if I'd remembered to email her like she remembered to email me LIKE EVERY DARN YEAR... 19 years since we decided to be best friends in sixth grade.
A day late, a trifle scattered, but celebrating all the same: He is Risen! Happy Easter.
-- SJ
Monday, March 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"But what never fails is God's mercy and healing for me, and the comfort that He is stronger than evil."
Amen to that.
Happy Easter to you too!
Happy Easter, Sara, and "hello" to Miss Mary. =)
~ Leah
Post a Comment