Darren got a new razor.
SMJ: "Will you shave your legs with your new razor?"
DAJ: "No. Mama does, not me."
AMJ: "Why does Mama shave her legs?"
Me: "M-E-N."
DAJ (more diplomatically): "Because Daddy likes it when Mama's legs are smooth."
AMJ: "But sometimes Mama's legs are echidna-like."
Echidnas are Australian porcupines.
***
Stuart engages in a form of conversation that Darren and I like to call "deceased equine brutality." He flays that dead horse. As follows:
Me to D: "Remember that time at the airport when that guy just sat in the pick-up lane and held up traffic for ten minutes? He wouldn't even go when somebody walked to his window and pointed it out. I was so mad I wanted to pop his tires. On second thought, that wouldn't have helped anything."
SMJ, coming in at the end of the conversation: "Pop whose tires?"
DAJ: "A man that Mama was talking about."
SMJ: "What was he doing?"
Me: (repeats entire story)
SMJ: "What tires?"
DAJ: (explains the use of tires on cars.)
SMJ: "Was he in a truck?"
Me: "Yes."
SMJ: "Oh. I thought he was just sitting on a post."
DAJ: "No, he was in his truck, and it wasn't moving, and it was causing problems."
SMJ: "What color was his truck?"
DandS: "Stuart! We are DONE with this conversation!"
-- SJ
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Our oldest is a horse flayer. Oh. My. Goodness. Then add to it the others who weren't necessarily listening and now are asking questions! It takes ten minutes to stop a 1 minute conversation, unless of course someone interrupts, which happens way too often.
*wiping tears of laughter*
VERY impressed Stuart knows about echidnas.
Actually, they both know about echidnas: we're in a learning co-op once a week, and I taught the Australia course in September. Meaning that Addie and Stuart read all the books at home and knew all the answers in class.
But it's Addie who keeps such facts on quick recall (she was the one who said I had echidna legs). She's going to be a terror at Trivial Pursuit in a few years. Stuart's participation will consist of, "What country or continent did you say? What did the question say? Can I see the question?"
-- SJ
Very amused! I will not want to play Addie at Trivial Pursuit.-rlr
Post a Comment