This praise song is not one I like, and it sticks in my head and annoys me:
Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord.
Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord.
And He
Shall lift
You up
Higher and higher!
And He
Shall lift
You up.
It really isn't my fault, then, that the following suggested itself after a few times of loading the kids in the van, when I always announce, "In you go! Buckle yourself!" Darren helped me develop the theme.
Buckle yourself in the seat of the Ford.
Buckle yourself in the seat of the Ford.
For we
Shall soon
Speed up
Faster and faster!
For we
Shall soon
Speed up.
-- SJ
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I LOVE THIS SONG! ( Your version, I mean.) As one who makes it a frequent past-time to twist the words to songs, I have got to store this one away in my repertoire...and be sure that my next car is a Ford...because "Nissan" doesn't really fit the in the rhyming scheme...
Post a Comment