Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Song for the Irreverent Songbook 6

Daphne has learned all three verses to "Away in a Manger," so we've heard it many, many times since Christmas. And after you've heard it for the fifty-seventh time, you just can't suppress the ideas that come to you.

Away in a manger,
No crib for a bed!
The little Lord Jesus
Lay down his sweet head.
The stars in the sky
Look down where he lay.
The little Lord Jesus
Asleep on the...

HEY!

The cattle are lowing
The poor baby wakes.
Lucky for them, though,
No crying he makes.
Hey, shepherds, you're noisy
Could you keep it down?
Or little Lord Jesus
Will wake up the town.

-- SJ

2 comments:

mary said...

Reminds me of today. Cassie was saying the same thing over and over and over and over and you get the idea. So I can understand why you thought up some alternative words.

Jessica said...

I literally laughed out loud. Sounds similar to some things Jeremy and I have made up in such situations... :-)