Sara asked me the other night what I remembered most about our ten-year anniversary last September. Now, Sara put an incredible effort into making a cool scavenger hunt around town that ended with a very romantic overnight at a local hotel. But as wonderful as that was, I told her that what I most remembered was just the joy of having spent ten years with her.
So I thought I'd offer a toast to my love, who has her birthday today. "To Sara, my best friend, my favorite writer; who in running the household puts the Proverbs 31 woman to shame; who in teaching the kids covers herself with glory; and who in the bedroom makes the Shulamite of the Song of Solomon look plain and tame."
I love you, my beautiful wife. Happy birthday!
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Happy birthday, Sara!
Wow! Darren. That last bit is leaving me speechless. :)
Happy Birthday Sara! Maybe you should write a book about being the perfect wife. :)
Oh dear. I'll never think of you the same after this post, you Shulamite shamer, you!
Great writing, Darren.
Mollie Griffith
Darren, your mom is blushing and laughing and grateful that your wife is all those wonderfully balanced things.
AWWW! So sweet! I do have to say I was surprised about the Shulamite bit. But, then again...y'all do have a couple kids or four. :) Happy Birthday, Sara!
No shame or shock in anything that was written. That was beautiful! How blessed the two of you are is very apparent. :)
Dang!
:-D
Post a Comment