In celebration of ten good years together, we're hosting a giveaway of some of our favorite things.
Darren reads a great deal in two genres: theology and sci-fi/fantasy. One or the other is up for grabs now.
1. Covenants by Lorna Freeman (this is the Fantasy one)
2. Is the Reformation Over? by Mark Noll (this is not the Fantasy one)
To Enter:
Leave a comment telling what book you're currently reading. And be grateful that Darren didn't try to initiate you into the Wheel of Time cult (series length: 13 books and counting).
You can enter all the giveaways if you want to.
Next week we'll randomly choose a comment, but we all know that the winner is probably predestined.
-- SJ and DJ
Saturday, October 09, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
I finished Shepherding A Child's Heart and am getting ready to start Hell's Best Kept Secret... Quite different books, I must say! ;OD
I've been reading war of the worlds on my kindle. it's great!
Rift in the Sky by Julie Czerneda
I'm reading The Road from Coorain, Jill Paton Walsh's autobiographical account of growing up in Australia in the 1940s and 50s.
i like the ultimate poke`mon book
--smj
The Happiness Project, by Gretchen Rubin (I think). One of the books that looked interesting to check out from the NH Downloadable Books system. Pretty sure I'm not predestined to win anything; you do NOT want to pay to ship anything to me! :-)
Make that Jill Ker Conway's autobiography, not Jill Paton Walsh's.
Currently reading "Many Long Years Ago" (Ogden Nash) "Swine Not?" (Jimmy Buffett) and "Red Hood's Revenge" (Jim C. Hines). I admit that's a weird set, even for me, but it's what I'm reading.
I don't really need MORE books, but here goes:
Heretics by G. K. Chesterton
Heart of Midlothian by Sir Walter Scott
Paradise Lost by Milton
I also dispute that Jeremy's set is weird for him...
Brass Man by Neal Asher...
Between books at the moment. Just finished "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett and "The Case of the Missing Books" by Ian Sansom.
Between books at the moment. Just finished "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett and "The Case of the Missing Books" by Ian Sansom.
I just finished Faithful, but not Famous, about the beginnings of the French Reformation in the early 1500's. The title does not do it justice! It was alternately suspenseful and graceful. I think it was written in the 1800's. Good read!
I'm reading Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke. It is well-written but sadly Ms. Clarke shouldn't write about magic--it has many of the unmagical elements of Ben Johnson's awful Volpone.
Post a Comment