Recently seen on Facebook:
Sara Roberts Jones Tried writing a story in 800 words. Um, maybe shoot for 1000 instead. Hey, here's a magazine that accepts 5000-word submissions! Check word count on another story: 6025. Good HEAVENS I use a lot of words.
Rosemary Morris Well, just look at your status: 37 words! I could be your editor if you'd like. Let's give it a try: "Tried writing 800-word story. Came to 1000. Found magazine accepts 5000-word submissions. Mine: 6025. Blah. I'm wordy." That's 19. :)
Sara Roberts Jones Nerd.
(And I meant it to sting.)
-- SJ
Thursday, September 02, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
*giggle*
Did you also laugh, one of those hard bitter ones, that shows Sara is not to be trifled with?
S.J., well, she IS good at it. Maybe she could help you shorten your literary masterpieces.
But do we want to reduce the whole world to tweets? Revel in loquaciousness!
I had no idea that would get me featured in your blog. But I don't mind. :)
Post a Comment