Darren's
favorite Christmas present arrived today. Not that he was tracking it obsessively ever since it shipped on Wednesday. Not that the first thing he did with it, when he got it out and started it charging, was change the registration so that it no longer said "Sara's Kindle" and "Welcome, Sara!" (He'd ordered it from my account.)

He redeemed himself a moment later, however: his first download was "The Complete Works of Jane Austen."
Is there a support group for Kindle Widows and Orphans?
-- SJ
5 comments:
If you cook something he really likes, he may wander into the kitchen, but will he leave the Kindle behind?
I am glad Darren finally got an ebook reader :-)
I'm not sure that I could stand a Kindle. I'm too old school, maybe? Do tell how you like it, Darren!
Wow. I was just thinking the other day, how much I'd like a kindle. But then I was searching for kindle books and they didn't have a single Harry Potter.
SJ, are you saying you'd off your husband so you can inherit the kindle???
I am kinda torn about the Kindle. On the one hand, it's neat to have everything right there in your palm. On the other hand, I really, really, REALLY like real books and want to read the real thing, generally.
Maybe the distinction is this: if you are fine with getting books from the library and returning them, you'll like the Kindle. If you don't like the library because you can't keep the books (or if you do, they're really expensive) then you probably won't like the Kindle.
Post a Comment