Friday, July 10, 2009

With Help Like This, Who Needs Toddlers?

Lack of sleep impairs my ability to think rationally, which inspires latent brattiness tendencies in my husband.

Yesterday, Darren was setting the table while I nursed Phillip, and asked, "Should I put out plates or bowls?"

After a pause, I said, "Ummm... you know, how about if you make that decision. I'm operating at half-function. I'm likely to tell you to put out tupperware lids."

Five minutes later I walked into the kitchen to find Darren setting the table with tupperware lids.

-- SJ

8 comments:

Mississippi Rose said...

Matt once said of our kids, "With hindrances like this, who needs help?" :)

Anonymous said...

Nothing like sleep deprivation. And when Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!
Catherine in Atlanta

Anonymous said...

Nice!

Nina said...

I love this! You have to add humor to your day or who knows how crazy you will go! I am sure dinner tasted wonderful from tupperware lids!

Kelly Sauer said...

Go, DAJ... SO something PAS would do to me...

Heather said...

Hi! I just found your blog in a very interesting way(off of a link from an MT friend, Lindz, who just started a blog....only to find out that you either know or follow Kelly's blog....such a small world!

D said...

Wow. Really? No. Wow. I think I would've gone crazy. Glad you appreciated the joke.

the Joneses said...

Hi, Heather! Yes, Kelly and I are good friends. Funny how many interconnected friendships you stumble upon. :) Welcome to the blog.

-- SJ