Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Instant Gratification

At 1:56 p.m., Darren received the following email from his name-crazy wife who just found out that the updated, revised, and all-new edition of her very favorite baby-name book is available on Amazon thanks to a special agreement with the publisher:

****
Subject:Hip hip hurray!

"Also, yip yip yippee and happy happy dance and I Don't Care Which Budgeting Envelope This Comes Out Of, I'm Getting It."
****

At 1:58 p.m., Darren received another email, due to his wife's forgetting that Amazon sends confirmation emails to his account:

****
From: Amazon.com
Subject: Thank you for your order!
****

At 2:02 p.m., he called to laugh at me.

-- SJ

5 comments:

ljm said...

Ha,ha! I hate those traitorous confirmation emails.

Can't wait to get a review of this book, Sara!

D said...

Jeremiah called one day out of nowhere... "I just bought Gracie bomber man on PlayStation Network." I said in the conversation.
"That's why I called, I got an email about the charge and wanted to make sure it was us."
LOL! Nothing is secret anymore! ;-)

Kristen R. said...

Ha ha! I bought mine immediately too! Now I have to set out a tent by the mailbox.

C said...

I just ordered my copy! And we are still working on the whole name thing, so maybe it will actually be useful in the next few weeks. :)

Kelly Sauer said...

lol - I must needs check this book out...