Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Mundania 21

* We were at a prayer meeting tonight with most of the rest of our church, which meant we like packed out that little living room! (We're not exactly a megachurch.) Everybody was opening Bibles to a particular psalm, when Doris -- who is in her seventies, I think -- got up and said to someone else about her own age, "Let me get you a King James Bible. It will make more sense that way." King James = make more sense? My mind blew a few fuses.

* One of my favorite rhymes of all time is in a Veggie Tales song. The Babylonian counselors (asparagus stalks) are plotting ways to get rid of Daniel, and they rhyme "Babylon" with "a table to play Scrabble on."

* Tomorrow, Addie and Stuart are each in a play at co-op. Addie plays the part of a possum and has one line. Stuart plays the part of a Cloud and has about four lines, plus the parts where he improvises. Darren will get to watch these off-Broadway performances. I hope to get pictures of their costumes.

* I don't usually take "baby tummy" pictures of myself because they make me feel self-conscious. But Lindsay wanted to see one, and it's hard to refuse her because she has such nice blue eyes, plus was guaranteed to like it. (Her response: "WICKED CUTE!!!!") Thus encouraged, I'll post it here. I'm in my eighth month. One to go. But who's counting?

10 comments:

Kelly Sauer said...

I agree with Lindsey's assessment. Definitely "WICKED CUTE."

Oh, and that Veggie Tales song is Pete's favorite - and he doesn't like Veggie Tales! Let me think about why he likes this now... ;-)

Zana said...

I like your method of taking baby belly pics - very tasteful and yes, "wicked cute"!

I say that because I had a friend who - and I'm not making this up - at 8 1/2 months had a plaster cast made of her entire torso, unclothed. Then she painted it and hung it on the wall. One for every child.

Eeeeeww. 8-)

Anonymous said...

Sara, you're looking great!

And the King James comment is funny. :)

Amy Jordon said...

You do look great! Not bad for number four.
Eeeeew, a neked (that's how we pronounce it at my house) pregnant plaster?! Who got that job?

Rachelle said...

You look great! Throw it is the 4th and you look completely amazing. :)

Amy K said...

Very cute! How exciting baby will be here before long.

Kristen R. said...

Oh my goodness! TOO CUTE.

Linds said...

SO glad that my pleas worked... even without said eyes being seen over the phone ;)
Love you!

the Joneses said...

I'm borrowing Nina's computer right now -- ours isn't working. Hasn't since Thursday. Not that I'm getting desperate, but I'm thinking of moving in here where there's a working connection.

Zana -- Horrors. Horrors. Talk about self-conscious.

-- SJ

D said...

I thought Addie was a lovely possum and Stuart was a great Russian cloud.
:-)