This week I've been living -- well, maybe not like I'm dying, but certainly as if I've been subsisting on caffeine. Since I haven't actually had any coffee since Sunday, it's either residual energy or an early nesting instinct.
This week I've sketched out a month's worth of menus -- breakfast, lunch, and supper; crocheted two hats; read a book, which I also tabbed and commented on so Darren can skim through it without much suffering; interviewed someone for an article due next week; caught up on laundry; got school up and running again after a two-week break; and ate so many cookies that part of my drive must be sugar-related.
That was all done on my up moments. On the off-times, I've been so foggy-brained and exhausted that I can stand for ten minutes in the kitchen without A)figuring out why I'm there; or B) figuring out what to do once it has occurred to me that it's 5:30 and there's no supper underway.
(Darren, meanwhile, recovering from the four-hour time change and incredible jet lag after his Alaska trip, has mostly just been foggy.)
As for the book mentioned above, I guess I should have already known who Dave Ramsey was -- isn't Talk Radio part of my ideological heritage? Anyway, I liked his ideas and would really like it to be possible to pay off all debt and stay that way. As Darren and I wrestle with the budget, we're still wondering.
Daphne is awake. The day has started. Today I think I'll crochet another hat, finish the menu, and save the world. That, or go back to bed.
-- SJ
Friday, April 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I've wanted to read that book but haven't gotten around to it.
Wow, despite the fog you've accomplished a ton!
DJ-Did you get to see any of Alaska? Where did you go? How come you never post anymore?
Brian and I listened to the CD version of this book on a road trip once. I enjoy his point of view and his wisdom in the finance (or fi-nance, as he calls it,) department. Tell me how your budget works out. (:
Post a Comment