Thursday, October 11, 2012

Birthday Interview

On this most glorious day the eleventh of October twenty-twelve, when the most glorious Darren Jones enjoys a birthday, we've stopped a few ordinary kids on the street... living room, rather... and asked their opinion of this most glorious daddy of theirs.

Why do you love Daddy?
A: Because he's my daddy and he's nice.
S: He likes to do things with me, he plays computer often.
D: He's a very good daddy.
P: Yes

What is something Daddy does that you like?
 A: He plays D&D and lets me read Harry Potter.
S: Plays D&D with us.
D: He lets me play one of my favorite games on his smartphone.
P: Reads to me

What is something that makes Daddy happy?
A: Having healthy, obedient kids.
S: A good book from one of his favorite authors.
D: Having us kids.
P: Monster trucks

What would Daddy most like for his birthday?
 A: A crucifix made of sapphires.
S: He'd probably like a new Civilizations computer game. Or some more books.
D: I think he'd really love another really nice carrot cake.
P: Spice

An ordinary wife married to Darren Jones... no, wait, that's an oxymoron, because only a very special woman would be the person who got to be married to Darren Jones... also agreed to be interviewed.

Why do you love Darren?
SJ: His blue eyes, his beard, his kindness, his kisses, and the fantastic stir-fry he makes nearly every weekend. For starters. Want me to go on?

What does Darren do that you like?
SJ: Not everything, of course. I actually could make a list of things I don't like. It would be a lot shorter than the list of things I do like. Let's do this. Let's answer this question with: Everything, except a few things not worth mentioning.

What is something that makes Darren happy?
Spreadsheets.


What would Darren really like for his birthday?
A trip to England. Failing that, a good book and a cuddly wife.


Happy birthday, oh most glorious Darren! We love you!

-- SJ, AMJ, SMJ, DMJ, PGJ

3 comments:

Diary of an Autodidact said...

Awww.

Great line about being a special wife.

Anonymous said...

I like Pip's answers. What are spreadsheets, BTW? And why would Daddy want spice?

--AMJ

Rachelle said...

Hmm....I'm trying to picture Darren with a crucifix with sapphires. I suspect it would get borrowed...a lot. Ditto the computer game, and would he get much of the carrot game!

Hope the birthday was special!