Sunday, May 08, 2011

To My Mother

Here's a Mother's Day poem to my mother, who doesn't deserve it. No, really, I think you'll agree that there aren't many people who deserve a poem like this. But I promised her a poem, and I figure she knew what to expect.

Please note the sophisticated rhyme scheme. Thank you.


Mom

Mom, you’re great.

You made sure I ate

The good food you cooked each day.

Although I usually ate Cap’n Crunch instead.


Everything of mine you read,

You’d edit

As you read it

With a black pen.


I still remember when

You would take me shopping

And never put me on the chopping

Block although I deserved it.


You don’t care much to observe it

But it is Mother’s Day

So I'm writing to say

Thank you.


I love you!!


-- SJ (certainly not DJ, whose poetry is of much higher quality)

4 comments:

mary said...

What can I say? If you ate Captain Crunch most of the time, maybe I did deserve the poem.

It made me laugh, and I love you, too. Mom

Mary said...

Sara, sems to me the Roberts clan is pretty special - even if some of their poetry, well, I don't know what to say. Hope you had a Happy Mothers Day.

bafferly said...

Write Mom's poem - Check!

Make her laugh - Check!

Great Mother's Day gift.

Queen of Carrots said...

The rhyme scheme is truly impressive.