Darren and I are bringing in the new year by trying to lose weight.
In other similarly shocking news, tides are going in and out and the sun rises in the east.
We really do mean it. We've found a babysitter who's willing to come every Monday evening -- cue "Hallelujah Chorus," dancing, and confetti -- so we can go to Anytime Fitness together. (There are other things we do together that we like better than exercising, but we do what we have to.) We hope to report good results in three months. Good thing you didn't schedule anything vital for then so you can be sure to catch the news, eh?
As for other resolutions, Darren resolved not to yell at the kids. I thought it was such a good idea that I borrowed it.
Originality is not my strong suit in 2011.
-- SJ
Sunday, January 09, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think there are very few original resolutions. It's probably more likely to be successful if you're working on them together, anyway. Good luck with both!
I was crazy enough to resolve to run a marathon. I don't suppose I need to give you permission to laugh. :)
I have such a hard time picturing Darren yelling at the kids. Perhaps he does but this felt like my resolve to keep reading books. (It's good to make one resolution you can keep.)
I resolve to lose weight too. And not get pregnant. Hopefully I can keep both of those. :)
I am trying to lose weight too. i honestly cannot get my wedding ring off my finger! I was talking to my chiropracter about this and he mentioned a couple of things... Stop drinking soda (which I don't think you do), and try to cut carb dishes to smaller portions. I also am determined to walk several times a week. We shall see! Good luck to both of you and keep me posted!
-Nina
Can I just drop my kids off with the babysitter on those nights? I mean, what's one or three more kids right? I'll let you handle how she gets payed, though. :) I'd like to say I'd use the time to work out, as well....but, I'll be honest with you- that just ain't gonna happen. I would however like to use that time to fulfill one of my resolutions this year...which is to find the perfect danish. I'm serious about that. I really am on a search. I'll give you a full detailed report of my findings when I come to pick up the kids. :)
Post a Comment