Saturday, July 31, 2010

What's Different About This Picture?

Here are two pictures of my house. See if you can spot the big difference:

Picture #1


Picture #2




Right! We took the toybox off the porch!

No, wait... We removed the tall prickly evil evergreen from the far corner of the house!

Oh, hey, the flowerbeds are different.

Um, is that a new place to leave the hose?

But of course you're all just kidding, because what you noticed in the second picture -- in fact, you really didn't see anything else -- were those shutters. The once-boring black shutters that are now stylish grey and red. What else is there even to see?

Why, thank you. I admit I spent an entire week repainting them. Very gratifying that you noticed them.

-- SJ

8 comments:

mary said...

Sara, they really look good. In fact, the front of your house looks all spiffied up. I am proud of you.

Melissa M. said...

Wow... what a difference a coat of paint makes! You did do a great job -- I especially love the stylish choice of colors.

KMS said...

I did notice the shutters. They kind of match the flowers, too. Nicely done.

ljm said...

Vinyl or wood? Spray paint or brush? Keith wants to know. Our shutters need a change.

the Joneses said...

Liane - The shutters are plastic -- probably vinyl. I painted them with a roller and brush using exterior latex paint. It went on very easily. Plus it dries fast.

-- SJ

Barbara said...

Great job, Sara! They look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Verrry nice indeed! I like the red accent rectangles on the gray, and the whole updated look. A+ for you.

Miss Bev

D said...

Noticed what? ;-)