Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Now Accepting Requests (again)

Now that the Easter season is winding down, I'm taking prayer requests for the next church season. I like tossing off the names of church seasons as if I know what I'm talking about. It makes me sound like I'm in the Liturgical Club, which meets every Sunday and converses casually about Ordinary Time and Advent and Pentecost Sunday, all while dressed in the proper liturgical color.

Actually, the only reason I know what season we're in is because Darren is a Liturgy Geek and also the music planner for our church. This reliable source informs me that Ordinary Time, which follows Easter, lasts until Advent. Advent, my source tells me, starts in December.

Which means I'd have to commit to six months of prayer. That's a little out of my league at this point.

So, if there's something you'd like me pray about for the next forty days (forty being a good Biblical, prayer-type number), email me (address at left) or leave a comment.

If you gave me a request for Easter (the past fifty days... um, well, I probably came out at about forty-three days) and you've got an update, I'd love to hear about it.

-- SJ

2 comments:

D said...

Like

Anonymous said...

I'd like to renew my subscriptions for prayers. Please continue, with an upgrade of manana from heaven in the form of small unmarked green paper bills. If that upgrade is not available at this time, I'd like to keep my current status of health and happiness.

Thank you! =)