Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It Is Finished: The Kids' Rooms

We got it done! (And no mop touched a wall during the process.) Both bedrooms are freshly painted, and we're pretty darn pleased with the results. Here are pictures; please make the usual allowances for run-of-the-mill camera and lighting.

The girls' room was originally an inoffensive light blue:



I'd intended to paint it a very light pink with red trim, but ended up with rather pink walls and *very* rather pink trim. Fortunately, Addie and Daphne both love it:



Here's Stuart's room in its original B-b-b-blue. This is what it was when we moved in, so at least we knew the room could take an intense color:



The Search for the Purple lasted for some weeks. He liked Brave Purple, fine and good. But then I switched paint companies, and the new paint card I brought home had a different name for the same color. They called it "Butterfly Garden." We were right back to lavender again: could I really let Stuart glibly inform everyone that his room was painted "Butterfly Garden"? (And he would, too. That was its name, and he wouldn't budge.) After much negotiation, we settled on a shade bluer. This one is called "Magic Moment." Smaltzy, yes, but to Stuart it means wizards and dragons, so all was well. It turned out to be an inspired choice: we all love this color.



(Darren would like to point out that whoever did that wide beige band at the top of the room sure did a top-notch job. I, personally, am pretty pleased with that red trim.)

Yay! It's done! Now to roust out the House Fairies and make them put this house back in order again.

-- SJ

9 comments:

Mississippi Rose said...

Maybe it's my computer, but the pictures didn't load. I'll try it again tomorrow. Hurrah for y'all for tackling such a project. (Yes, I'm the younger sister to the author of this blog who never painted walls growing up, due to living in a log house.)

the Joneses said...

Yes, exactly, those log walls... That's why this was such a huge undertaking for me!

-- SJ

Heather said...

Nope--no pictures for me either.

the Joneses said...

Darn. Probably because I loaded through Picassa instead of directly from my picture file.

Let me try again.

-- SJ

Queen of Carrots said...

I see the pictures and I am in awe. Very sharp!

Lindsey Bradley said...

It looks great Sara!! :)

By the way, I always thought your log house was very pretty! :D

D said...

Both are very nice! You can come over in 12 months (isn't that when Darren said he'd want to paint again?) and do our house. :-)

the Joneses said...

Lindey -- Oh, I always thought our log house (where Rose lives now)was very pretty, too. I wouldn't mind living in a log house again. But it doesn't prepare one for the rigors of living with sheetrock and painted walls.

-- SJ

the Joneses said...

I did, of course, mean to type LindSey.