Monday, July 07, 2008

Middle Name Concept: Check

Everyone knows that the reason you give your children two names is so you can use the second name when they're in trouble. Daphne discovered this fact when Stuart dashed out into the street and saw, much to his surprise, a car making its way toward him. (Fortunately we live at the halfway point of a quiet neighborhood street, so the car was crawling.)

"Stuart MICHAEL!" I shouted.

Daphne, walking next to me, chanted happily, "Doots Michael. Michael. MICHAEL!"

That evening, Addie declared that she was a parrot, and perched on top of the table. "Addie!" I exclaimed. "Get down from there!"

And Daphne, picking up on my tone, chimed in with, "Addie MICHAEL!"

-- SJ

3 comments:

Heather said...

Snort!

Angel said...

Laughing out loud over here. That is seriously funny. :)

Kelly Sauer said...

One of my specific considerations in choosing a name for Piper was its yellability. It is only recently that I have begun to use all three names, but yup, we picked a yellable one!

I love your kids, Sara. They're so smart!