Saturday, September 15, 2007

A Randomizer Sampler

Fortunately for blog fodder -- seeing as it's been a whole week since I've posted anything, as inadvertently pointed out by my sister-in-law who has NO brattiness tendencies whatsoever -- Addie came out with some serious zingers today.

(Interrupting our conversation): "Excuse me, I'm sorry to spoil the talking, but there's a big storm cloud on the port side of the van!"
Darren replied: "Starboard side."

(After a high hill made her her ears pop): "I was having trouble hearing, so I gulped thrice!"

Stuart: "What if you had twins? Would that be good?"
Addie: "Yes! Then I can suckle two of them at the same time!"

She wrote the following emails to Darren's mom:
(Addie here. I need some long legged pants really bad.)
(Addie here. I really need some long sleeve shirts really bad, Nana.)

It's true that my mother-in-law loves to shop for the kids. It is NOT true that Addie's mama is so irresponsible that Addie has to appeal to her grandparents to get clothes.

-- SJ

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you ever decide not to keep her after all, I want dibs.

Linds said...

Your not-one-ounce-of-brattiness (b/c it's a well known fact that people w/ pink eyelashes are incapable of being brats) sister-in-law thanks you kindly for the post :)

Anonymous said...

Suckling twins is quite the job! If she ever wants to realize how much time it take, tell her to come for a visit! :) She's so funny!

Claire said...

Your Randomizer tickles the cockles of my heart. I hope my children are as precociously precious; I like amusing young'uns.

Anonymous said...

Oooo. I am so excited! I KNEW you had to have a blog but didn't know where to look. Yeah! Now I get to "meet" your kid/s --hmmm, I lost track when you were on your first so now I don't know anything since then.

She sounds very similar to all three of mine--they come out with some doozies. These are hilarious.

the Joneses said...

You had your third last time we were in touch. I've got three now, too. If it weren't for my kids, my blog content would be a good deal sparser. Welcome to the Joneses'!

-- SJ

Hanley Family said...

Oh, how fun. They do keep things interesting, don't they?

My four year old recently informed me that "relationships are like snorkels."

In what way remains a little murky, but it has given rise to interesting discussions.

Rose said...

Keep those Randomizer comments coming!