Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Holiday Pop Quiz

How was Christmas at the Jones House this year? Choose the best answer for each question:

1. Christmas at the Joneses' was:
A. Warm, happy, and low-key
B. Light on visiting family, but full of good friends, which was a suitable substitute.
C. Written with the apostrophe in the right place

2. Favorite gifts include:
A. Slippers from L.L. Bean, to replace the aqua/dark blue knitted slippers he'd had since high school.

B. Three new lotions from Bath & Body Works, which smell appealing and sensual on Wife but not so much on Toddler, who nevertheless brings the bottles to resident adults and then holds up his palms.

C. Dolls, blankets, money, electronic dinosaur fact game, and playdough, all played with regardless of actual ownership. (Well, not the money, although that was much admired.)

D. Two new Nancy Drew games and the next expansion set for Catan, Knights and Cities.


3. The best thing about Christmas is:

A. Celebrating the Incarnation of an eternal God
B. Presents and feasting and friends.
C. Everybody pitches in to get the house clean by Christmas Eve so Mama will be happy.


If you answered A, B, and C to every one, then obviously you know your Joneses.

(No apostrophe)

(Pictures to follow, possibly, if it happens.)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

-- SJ

4 comments:

ljm said...

I do remember giving way too much thought to the name when addressing your card. Sad part is I can't even remember what I wrote.

bafferly said...

I did guess ALL the answers, and I do know my Joneses (sometimes).

What a happy Christmas report. We thought about you all thru the holidays. Lookin' forward to the pictures.

Kristen R. said...

Happy Christmas, Joneses!

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha! As I was reading the first one, I thought, "What about 'D, all of the above'?"

Glad you had such a great Christmas! We were certainly thankful for Darren's presence in the office this week, btw! Hope you have a lovely long weekend together to welcome in the New Year. =)

~ Leah