It's a long way from Mississippi to Virginia.
Multiply that by four kids and it runs into the astronomical.
Divide that by four kids who are super good travelers, and it's a far piece.
Add a baby who wins the Mr. Golden Baby Award for smiles and absence of crying, and you're back down to a long way.
It's supposed to be warm in Mississippi during the winter. I certainly packed for warm weather. Instead, we got cold weather. So cold, the pipes froze more than once in one week. So cold, that although family and friends greeted me with, "Glad you're here!" or "So good to see you!", mostly what they said was, "Why did you bring this weather down with you?"
I saw mother and uncle and brothers and sisters and nieces and nephews and friends and familiar places and lots of pine trees. It was great fun.
Still, we're glad to be back! All five and a half of us!
(The other half of me is still a thousand miles away in Mississippi.)
-- SJ
Monday, January 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
(I published without noticing a misspelling, and can't find an edit for a comment, so here goes again.)
I hope that for your next family foray the famed Mississippi hospitality will be more in evidence. Come in August and we can almost guarantee that you won't have any frozen pipes.
I so relate to "the half of me" being where Family is. Glad you could see everyone again, and are now safely home with your good little travellers. Love you all, Nana.
So you knew about leaving half of yourself behind. Whew! I was going to text or email you tonight and let you know. It gave me quite a start when I came out of the bathroom. Love you and really enjoyed your stay.
So glad you were able to take this trip. I think that January is a great month to visit family--after the craziness of the holidays. It just seems like you get a better visit in. My opinion. :)
Glad you're back... mostly because I've missed Mr. Golden Baby. When do I get to see him??????
Post a Comment