Thursday, June 18, 2009

Wittle Eyes Open

We were dreading Daphne's transition from Baby of the Family to Big Sister. Daphne considers herself practically an only child anyway, with Addie and Stuart -- particularly Stuart -- just taking up valuable space most of the time.

The first time she saw Phillip, she called him a "cute wittle baby." She told everybody on the maternity floor that his name was "Phiwwip Gabwiel." She's learned the Phillip Song (all our kids have their own customized song) and asks to hold him. To our utter surprise, she thinks Phillip is pretty neat.

(Meanwhile, she's been transitioning from a demanding two-year-old to a loud, demanding, melodramatic three-year-old -- but that would have set in regardless of the new baby.)

Here's a picture of the way Daphne most likes Phillip -- with his "wittle eyes open":



Also, here's a picture with me as scale to remind you how tiny we all start out:



This baby definitely arrived to general and enthusiastic acclaim, even from his territorial two-year-old sister. But how could he not? His wittle eyes are open! And as Kristen R also pointed out, look at his wittle feeties!

-- SJ

8 comments:

Kelly Sauer said...

lol - Thanks SO MUCH for the reminder of that absolutely terrifying tiny. I cannot believe we're going back to that stage again! I just love all that white fuzzy hair Phillip has!

Mississippi Rose said...

Sara, I love his blonde hair. All our kids have had dark hair as newborns, so it's cute to see that glow around his head instead of slicked-down brown.

Queen of Carrots said...

Definitely irresistible with his widdle eyes open.

Barbara said...

He's so sweet! Each one of ours has their own song too. Come to think of it, so does our cat. :)

the Joneses said...

Barbara - Um, so does our cat. In fact, hers is probably the longest of all of them. :)

-- SJ

Lindsey Bradley said...

He's beautiful!!

Amy K said...

Gabriel is such a beautiful newborn! I'm glad everyone is adjusting. Hopefully you can continue to take it easy. I know it's hard.

Amy K said...

Oops, in my enthusiasm I left out his FIRST name, Phillip. Great name!