Friday, December 14, 2007

Tying Up Loose Ends

I was strolling through some old posts and came across one that struck a pang to my guilty conscience. It's very typical of both of Darren and me to get something off to a good start, mostly finish it, and leave the loose ends dangling. Loose ends don't look tidy, but if you live with them long enough, you get used to them.

In this case, it's the Scavenger Hunt we did almost a year ago. We fully intended to distribute small prizes to everyone mentioned. But my good idea for prizes didn't work out in the following couple of weeks, and then Life happened, and then... well, loose ends can take on even a decorative effect if you are accustomed enough to them.

But here it is Christmas, a time of goodwill and peace. Not to mention Advent, a time of penitence and conscience-clearing. So I figured it's as good a time as any to make good on old promises.

(Looking over the post again, I see that I actually anticipated myself: I promised prizes "within the 2007 calendar year." Knowing yourself is the first step to fulfillment.)

So Rose, Aaron, Ranee, QoC, Charlessa and Jesse, your prizes are forthcoming. Honest. If we don't get them to you in a reasonable time, I swear to read another Francine Rivers book and write an entirely positive and glowing review. Now you HAVE to know I'm serious.

-- SJ

6 comments:

the Joneses said...

Dear Sara,

Please, please, PLEASE don't read another Francine Rivers book. Because, see, that leads to you DISCUSSING the book. Which is bad.

Love you :)

Me

Rose said...

Yes, actually, I've been wondering about this, but I couldn't very well say anything, seeing as it might look rather conspicuously interested. No worries! Take your time - the suspense is heightening the anticipation.

Angel said...

The women in my book club rave about Francine Rivers. We're supposed to do one of her books next. I've never read her, and I'm always VERY skeptical of new authors when it comes to fiction. Now I'm curious as to what your opinion is of her. :)

the Joneses said...

Angel -- my post below, "Books, Plays, and What I Think" mentions my one encounter with Francine Rivers. In admirably restrained language, too. Really, it isn't that she's such an all-out terrible writer, as it is that her books are so all-out terribly popular.

-- SJ

Angel said...

Ahhh . . . I'm guessing that was the Gomer/western book. From your description, I am quite sure it would irritate me too. That's not the one we're going to read, however, so I am going to TRY to reserve judgment. What can I say? They weren't digging my suggestions (which were, of course, anything by Dickens or the first book of the space trilogy by C.S. Lewis). :)

Anonymous said...

Thank God I'm not the only one who can barely stand looking at Francine Rivers' books, let alone reading them. I have yet to read one and would consider it a violation of anti-torture act to make me do so.