Sunday, August 30, 2009

Little Messages

After reading this post, Nina sent over some Hershey's miniatures with this note:

"I have been meaning to buy you candy bars, but I had only a *little* money. So I bought *little* candy!"

I had a pounding headache that morning, and the combination of chocolate and laughter did wonders for me.

***

After being up with Phillip one early morning, I put him down to sleep in our back room, where his squawks wouldn't wake anyone up. It seemed very important to me that when Darren got up to go to work, he would know where the baby was. So I wrote him a note before collapsing back into bed.

Fortunately Darren thought to check for Phillip himself, before seeing my note. Because what I wrote at 5:30 a.m. was:

"PJ's in the storage room."

Um. Pajamas in the storage room, check. But where's the baby?

***

Voice message from my sister:

"Hey, Sara -- I saw this sign I have to tell you about. I know it's true because it's on a church sign. It says, 'God has your picture on His fridge.'"

I hope it's not my first-grade picture, because I forgot to brush my hair for that one.

-- SJ

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, church signs! The slogans are often so interestingly corny! :)

Mississippi Rose said...

ha ha! Liked the first grade comment. :)

D said...

I'm cracking up.
Pjs in the storage room... good one.
I am sure that's the one he has. God really doesn't care if we brush our hair. Thank goodness. ;-)

He probably has my second grade pic. I wore a blue "rug dress" and had the biggest funny smile, so my veins were popping out of my neck. Boy I hate that pic.

Does it start to bug you that I do my blog posts as comments on yours? he he he.