Well, it took me four years to do it. Mostly because I was afraid that HQ would look at my insights and say, "And this girl thinks she's a mature Christian? Look at this drivel!" (Not that HQ actually looked at said insights in the end, of course.) I also fretted over the fact that, "I'm not going to come up with anything new. It's already all been done already." I see now that I was missing what point there was to the exercise.
I did enjoy the Biblical biographies, where you took a Bible hero and listed the strengths and weaknesses according to the Seven Basic Principles. It was like a character study, filling in the blanks, and it was fun. Now, of course, I object to the idea of meshing everything into the rigid frame of seven created principles, but at the time it seemed good. -- SJ
3 comments:
Happily, I am no longer certain whether or not I finished my Faith Journal. I somehow don't think so. Either way, I'm in good company.
:) rlr
I think about the time I was supposed to be finding faith insights in Habakkuk, I decided law school would be easier and never got any further.
Well, it took me four years to do it. Mostly because I was afraid that HQ would look at my insights and say, "And this girl thinks she's a mature Christian? Look at this drivel!" (Not that HQ actually looked at said insights in the end, of course.) I also fretted over the fact that, "I'm not going to come up with anything new. It's already all been done already." I see now that I was missing what point there was to the exercise.
I did enjoy the Biblical biographies, where you took a Bible hero and listed the strengths and weaknesses according to the Seven Basic Principles. It was like a character study, filling in the blanks, and it was fun. Now, of course, I object to the idea of meshing everything into the rigid frame of seven created principles, but at the time it seemed good. -- SJ
Post a Comment