My best friend had a birthday today. It was a bit of an odd day, because she caught the same bug that the kids had last weekend, so she spent a lot of it in bed or on the couch. Thankfully, she was feeling better when she went to bed. But we didn't get to go out together, which I had really been looking forward to.
For her present, I got Sara a pot from an artists' gallery that I visited earlier this month in St. Louis. It's a handmade vase/candle-holder/something neat, and we both like it a lot.
Sara has enriched my life far beyond what I ever imagined when I met her 8 years ago. Stepping in the door of my house after a day of work and seeing her is one of the high points of every single day, and it's even more special when we can go out and spend time just the two of us.
I love you, my Sara. You are wonderful!
--DJ (obviously)
Tuesday, January 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
There ought to be a law against illness on birthdays and major holidays. Sometimes it seems like the law runs the other way, though.
Anyway, a belated happy birthday (and hopefully a better post-birthday than birthday).
Happy birthday Sara! :) Hope you feel better soon and that you can enjoy the birthday even though you're feeling unwell.
Happy birthday, my friend! I did remember the morning after (before reading about it on this post!) and I think I finally discovered a foolproof system for remembering your birthday: it's the day after Michael's! How convenient is that??
Hope you have a wonderful year! Enjoy being under thirty while you can!
~Rose
Happy belated birthday. Hope you're feeling better. I've been sick a few times on my b-day and it's no fun! But hopefully you can make up for it sometime. :)
Post a Comment