Monday, September 07, 2009

Lover of Horses, Take Two

My sister Rose will find this very familiar.

Darren says I always do it this way.

I ask for help. I get all kind of suggestions. I gather them all up, read over them, think them through...

...and come up with a result completely different from what anybody suggested.

"No, really, you DID help!" I always protest. "Your suggestions were a springboard that helped me find what I was looking for. I wouldn't have gotten there without you."

So whether you believe me or not, I much appreciate your suggestions as to Phillip's name plaque. They helped me sort through the fuzz in my head until I came up with something that satisfied me. I printed and framed it tonight, and here it is:

Phillip
"Lover of Horses"
Horses are admired for their beauty, courage, and strength. How much more may you love their Creator.
Job 39:19-25

I'm very pleased to have it done. I'll hang it up with the rest of them this week. I'll try to remember to take a picture for y'all, especially if I manage to hang them straight this time.

-- SJ

7 comments:

mary said...

Sara, I knew that you were concerned about the plaque and didn't really want any foolishness, but now I can tell you that I wanted very much to offer something like Don't Be A Neighsayer and suggest a scripture about the words we speak. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

I love what you came up with! It hits the highlights of several good ideas. Great job!

Catherine in Atlanta

the Joneses said...

Thanks, Catherine. And um, yeah thanks for not, um, horsing around or anything, Mom.

-- SJ

Danielle said...

I love what you came up with!

Unknown said...

Sara, that is lovely! I tried, but since, like Mary, I knew you didn't want any "horsing around," I didn't mention the only thing I came up with. It was an anagram for Lover of Horses: "Hoofless Rover." :)

The Raven's Landing said...

I'm often the same way...brainstorming sessions afterwhich I don't use any of the other ideas...but it gives me an entirely different one of my own :-P

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.