Darren had said he would watch a video with Daphne, probably because she'd fluttered her blue eyes at him. So they sat together on the bed, Daphne with her feet draped over him. Darren tried to doze while Daphne chattered about the movie. Twenty minutes into it, Darren finally said, "Daphne. Stop talking. Just watch. Hush."
Two minutes passed. Then Daphne said a small voice, "Daddy...?"
"What, Daphne?"
"I just... wanted to say that you're so sweet." And fluttered her blue eyes at him.
***
Darren was driving. Daphne was talking. Actually, she was demanding that Darren turn left, although there wasn't anywhere he could do so. He said no, she said BUT SHE WANTED HIM TO! and Darren answered, "Daphne, that's irrelevant."
Daphne said emphatically, "I did not see an elephant!"
-- SJ
Monday, September 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Don't believe there are elephants when there aren't.
Daph, you could've written for the Marx Brothers. ;-)
*watch duck soup
Ha, yes, the Marx Brother's gag made it even funnier.
-- SJ
I love that my protege is learning how to use her blue eyes so effectively! Send her up to NH in a couple years, and I'll teach her more :)
Post a Comment