Part I
Part II
Friday, 11th –
The workshop went very well. It was well-attended (the theatre manager said he counted sixty, but that was just to make me feel better; there couldn't have been over fifty there). Not only did they find my presentation interesting, but at least seven said they would come to church on Sunday. It ended up that I had to take the boys with me. They were very good. I held Matthew throughout the presentation, and everyone said that it really enhanced the performance. How nice to end a day with that glow that follows a job well done!
Saturday, 12th –
Today we attended a birthday party at the home of a friend – in one of those really upscale Northern Virginia homes! I was afraid I'd get lost on the way to the party, but the butler found us wandering near the kitchen and directed us to the playroom on the third floor, so we got there in time. The boys were very good. Everybody else's kids behaved terribly! I was proud of my sons, but had to be a bit firm with Phillip when he wanted a second helping of cake. He was disappointed, but realized that I, as his mother, know best. Motherhood is so rewarding!
Sunday, 13th –
At church today, we had a bigger congregation than usual, seeing as twenty from the theatre audience attended. Four of them expressed interest in joining, and all immediately volunteered to help with music, nursery, and setup. Saw Sara Jones and got to talk to her, which really made my day, as she's probably the most brilliant conversationalist I know. And her kids are precious; I never see them misbehaving in church. What a mother she must be!
Monday, 14th –
Okay, I am so excited I can hardly write. David came home and announced that it was time for us to have a little break. Next month, we're all going to the Carribean for two weeks! It really has been an intense time, what with social engagements, training up the children, and exercising every day! I'm so grateful for these little times of refreshing that the Lord gives us.
Tuesday, 15th –
On the way home from the grocery store today, I stopped in at an antiques store and found a charming rocking horse dating back to the 18th century. Most people would hesitate to let their kids play on something like that, but I believe in using what I buy. At first I was afraid there wouldn't be anywhere in their room to keep it, but Phillip and Jacob volunteered to donate all their Legos and army men to make room for it. The boys have such an appreciation for beautiful things!
Wednesday, 16th –
W.'s office called today for advice, only the first time this month. I'm glad to help but as his term runs out it seems that he’s even less inclined than usual to run the country on his own. I let the voice mail get it.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ROTFLOL!!!!
I can't make those letters big enough! Awesomeness! Hilarious! Brilliant!
Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!
"He was disappointed but realized that I, as his mother, knows best"
I am so impressed! What an incredibly insightful child! The best I hope to get from J is a realization that I'm serious, and if he keeps begging there will be "repercussions".
I need to have J go play with those kids. They'll be a wonderful influence, I'm sure!
This is so painfully, painfully funny.
To my relief this is so impossible that I know there cannot be someone out there living this life. IF there was... Hmm... Never mind that was not a pleasant thought. Anyways, because there is no such person I just laugh and laugh. Some how I feel better.
Post a Comment