Ah! I am educated now, thank you. What's most interesting is that it's a Japanese convention to create a descriptive word by combining the first syllables of two longer words. That's pretty cool.
No, I know cosplay is Japanese. What I was saying is that they have the habit of combining two words to create a one new descriptive one. Americans don't do that. We use acronymns.
9 comments:
Giggle. Giggle. Snort. That is too funny!!!
Hahahah!
Actually, that is called Cosplaying. Way to start them out young ;-)
What is called "Cosplaying"? Wearing your brother's snow boot?
-- SJ
Hey...at least she's wearing the boot in the right season! Daniel always wore his in the summer! LOL!
Cosplay
Ah! I am educated now, thank you. What's most interesting is that it's a Japanese convention to create a descriptive word by combining the first syllables of two longer words. That's pretty cool.
-- SJ
Where else do you think the term originated?
Seriously, now, that's an awesome picture. But I don't remember him as wearing pink. ;)
No, I know cosplay is Japanese. What I was saying is that they have the habit of combining two words to create a one new descriptive one. Americans don't do that. We use acronymns.
-- SJ
Yes, I realized right after that I had forgotten an emoticon. *sigh*
Think, though, how different things would be were the military to use the Japanese convention.
Post a Comment